Apply Now: Disability Emergency Management Advisory Council
The Disability Emergency Management Advisory Council (DEMAC) of Oregon is a new group that will help ensure Oregon is prepared to meet the needs of people with disabilities in disasters. DEMAC will advise state agencies on disability-accessible ways to keep communities safe before, during and after disasters.
DEMAC has up to 25 primary members (who may have designated alternates), two-thirds of them people with disabilities, and also includes public health and human services professionals, disability service professionals, parents or guardians of people with disabilities and emergency managers. DEMAC has general members who get updates about the council and can volunteer for short-term, remote (no in-person meetings) subcommittee work.
Are you interested in joining DEMAC? Do you have friends or colleagues who might be interested in joining?
If so, please read the DEMAC Information and Application document (see above) which includes more information about DEMAC, expectations of members and the application to join. Instructions for submitting your application are included in the document.
• The DEMAC is currently accepting applications for 5 vacant primary member seats and several alternate members.
• Before applying, please review the DEMAC webpage at https://www.oregon.gov/dhs/BUSINESS-SERVICES/BCMP/Pages/DEMAC.aspx and the DEMAC Member Expectations document (attached to this email) for more information about the role of the DEMAC.
• Applications for primary and alternate membership are currently open through July 31, 2020.
• General members can submit their applications at any time.
Due to current DEMAC representation, please note that priority will be given to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color who identify as having one of the following disabilities:
• Deaf or hard of hearing
• Blind or low vision
• Uses assistive technology
• Intellectual Disability
• Developmental Disability
If you need this information in another format or language, please contact email@example.com.
DEMAC is supported and funded by the Oregon Department of Human Services, Oregon Office of Emergency Management and Oregon Health Authority.