Changing the Conversation about Pain
This course has been developed for physicians and all other healthcare professionals. This educational module qualifies as the web-based pain management training offered by the Oregon Pain Management Commission.
After completing this enduring, online educational module, participants will be able to:
• Recognize features of complex, persistent pain in a patient presentation.
• Recognize health and cultural factors that can influence the experience of pain.
• Use consistent messaging to explain how pain works and the brain’s role in how we experience pain.
• Access patient education resources and use shared decision making with patients to plan healthy life-style changes.
Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the Joint Providership of the Oregon Medical Association and the Oregon Pain Management Commission. The Oregon Medical Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Oregon Medical Association designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.5
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Approval valid through June 30, 2023 OCEAN ID # 2021-21.
Pharmacists: Approved for 1.5 hour of CE credit by the Oregon Board of Pharmacy through June 30, 2023
Activity Dates (CME)
Release date: June 29, 2021
Expiration date: June 30, 2023
Common Problems & Solutions
If you are having trouble registering or completing the course, here are some commons problems.
• You are having problems registering.
• You have registered, but cannot start the course.
• You completed the course, but cannot get to the test or the evaluation page.
• You completed the course but cannot find your certificate.
If you still need help . . .
Call us (Monday – Friday 8 – 5 pm PST)