Earning CME credits with the CD Summary
Some licensed providers can earn free CME credits for reading the CD Summary, scoring 100% on the knowledge test and completing the Evaluation Form.
- If you are a current CD Summary email subscriber and licensed by the Oregon Medical Board, your password was included in a recent email you received from us. If you need your password re-sent, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not a current subscriber and are licensed by the Oregon Medical Board, take a few minutes to subscribe to the CD Summary. Once your information has been added, you will be sent a password.
- Other disciplines may participate in this CME activity since some credentialing bodies accept the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ as equivalent CE or CEU, as long as the topic is in the applicant’s field or discipline. Subscribe to the CD Summary and start earning credits.
- Visit the CD Summary CME website. Note: If you see a list of folders instead of the login screen, select "CD Summary CME" to access the login screen.
- Select "Account Name and Password."
- Enter your account name (which is your medical license number, check your card) and the password you received from us.
- You will see a list of CD Summary issues.
- Select "Take this Quiz." For your convenience a link to a PDF version of the newsletter has been provided.
- Review the objectives. You will later evaluate if the CD Summary successfully met its objectives.
- Select "Begin" and proceed through the questions. You will immediately know if your answer was correct. Use the arrows to proceed to the next or previous questions.
- Complete the evaluation section and click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- You will earn .5 CME credits for each CD Summary quiz and evaluation you complete.
- You can then print your completion certificate or take another quiz. Please click "Exit" when you are done.
If you choose "Guest Account" when logging in, you do not need to enter a user name or a password. You will be able to read and download PDF versions of the CD Summary issues, but will not be able to view the quizzes.
AMA-PRA: Physicians, Physician Assistants
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Providence Portland Medical Center and the Oregon Health Authority. Providence Portland Medical Center is accredited by the Oregon Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
Providence Portland Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 creditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME credits can be earned for 3 years after the issue date of the exam. You are able to take the quizzes, but cannot earn credits after the expiration date
Many other disciplines, including but not limited to researchers, PharmD’s, occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, and social workers, may participate in this CME activity -- as many credentialing bodies accept the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ as equivalent CE or CEU, as long as the topic is in the applicant’s field or discipline. Check with your discipline's governing body if you are unsure whether your participation can be used towards certification or re-licensure.
The content of this activity does not relate to any product of commercial interest as defined by the ACCME; therefore, none of the CD Summary staff have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
CD Summary Staff
Dean Sidelinger, MD, MPH, State Epidemiologist and State Health Officer; Paul Cieslak, MD, Medical Director Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention and Immunization Sections; Tom Jeanne; MD, Deputy State Epidemiologist; Leslie Byster, MS Ed; Electronic Publications Specialist
CME information or questions?
Tests reports and scores will be sent to Providence Portland Medical Center on a monthly or quarterly basis.
If you need an official transcript for your CME credits or have other questions, please contact Stephanie Munoz, 503-215-6088, email@example.com.