Diversity License Expense Reimbursement Program
The Diversity License Expense Reimbursement Program
is designed to
assist educators meeting the definition of “diverse” according to ORS 342.433
with expenses related to the cost of becoming licensed. Eligible expenses must
have been paid by the applicant, and directly related to the process for
becoming a licensed educator.
Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 342.433:
(1) “Diverse” means culturally or linguistically diverse
characteristics of a person, including:
(a) Origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa but
is not Hispanic;
(b) Hispanic culture or origin, regardless of race;
(c) Origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East,
Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands;
(d) Origins in any of the original peoples of North America,
including American Indians or Alaskan Natives; or
(e) A first language that is not English.
If you meet the definition of “diverse” as defined in ORS
342.433 and have qualified expenses incurred between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2023, please review the program information below before submitting your request for reimbursement.
Program Information and Application
Please review the following document for eligibility criteria and instructions on how to apply for reimbursement:
Diversity License Expense Reimbursements Information (NEW 7-30-2021)
Please complete the following steps to submit a reimbursement:
1. Complete the following electronic request form:
a. Licensure Fees Reimbursement Request Form
2. Submit receipts and any other required documentation to the following email address:
a. LicenseReimburse.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Receipts"
NOTE: You may also upload receipts/documents to the 'Documents' tab in your eLicensing system account.
Application Processing Details:
- All requests will be reviewed for accuracy;
- Proof of payment must be included to receive reimbursement. Applications will be reviewed once qualifying receipts are received;
- A check will be mailed to you from the State of Oregon for any qualifying reimbursements;
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
Once you have reviewed the Information and Instructions document above, if you have further questions regarding this program, please email us at: LicenseReimburse.email@example.com