Welcome to the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission’s (TSPC) Licensure homepage. Detailed information about TSPC’s Licensure requirements can be found within the links to the left.
The Commission charges the Licensure Division with all customer support related to licensure, application processing, and license issuance. In addition, staff maintains close contact with district Human Resources offices to assist with licensure of educators.
Available Customer Support
Applying for Licensure: General Information and Disclosures
Applications and payments can only be made through the eLicensing system. TSPC does not accept paper applications, or personal checks or cash.
It is your responsibility to verify that you are eligible for the license you are applying for PRIOR to submitting your application. Please review the following section, "What License do I Need?" to assist you. All fees paid through eLicensing are
Non-Refundable, so if you don't qualify for licensure, you will not receive a refund.
You can access the eLicensing system here:
What License do I Need?-Quick Reference
Please review the following pages, located under this section in the menu on the left first before proceeding to the eLicensing system:
- First Oregon License or new license type? Select First Time License
- Renewing or Reinstating your License? Select Renewal Information and Instructions
- Moving from a Preliminary to a Professional License? Select Upgrading to Professional to determine if you qualify, then First Time License for info on items needed for your application.
- Moving from a Reciprocal to a Preliminary License? Select First Time License
- Adding an Endorsement? Select Endorsements
eLicensing: General Information
eLicensing is TSPC's current web portal, holding applicant and licensee accounts, application and license records. As of January 1, 2016, TSPC is no longer accepting mailed, faxed, or emailed applications and payments. All applications must be submitted through the eLicensing system.
If you have eLicensing login issues please email us at
For further information and instructions about the eLicensing system, please refer to the eLicensing Tutorial page, found under the Licensing section in the menu on the left.