If your name has changed
If you misspelled or mistyped your name on your eLicensing account:*
Please send an email to: email@example.com with your request. Be sure to include:
- Your new or corrected name; and
- Attach your documentation verifying this change.
Upon receiving your email, TSPC will add the name change information to your account.
*For security reasons, the eLicensing system will not allow a name to be changed once it has been entered. TSPC must receive official documentation to change a name on an established account.
DUE TO SECURITY RISKS, PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AS VERIFICATION OF NAME CHANGE. IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW.
TSPC will accept the following documents to verify name changes or corrections:
- Official passport issued by the United States;
- Official government-issued marriage certificate/license;
- Oregon Driver License, Instruction Permit or ID Card;
- A record of Domestic Partnership issued by Oregon Vital Statistics signed by a government official with a stamp or seal showing the document has been recorded with the State Registrar;
- An out-of-state government issued record of Domestic Partnership signed by a government official with a stamp or seal showing the document was filed with the city, county or state agency responsible for registering Domestic Partnerships in that state;
- A U.S. city, county or state court-issued divorce decree, judgment of dissolution of marriage, annulment of marriage decree, judgment of dissolution of domestic partnership, or annulment of domestic partnership;
- A government-issued death certificate of spouse, that includes a connection to your current full legal name (signed by a government official and including a stamp to show that the document has been filed);
- A U.S. city, county or state court-issued legal name change decree;
- Military ID card, Common Access card and Uniform Services ID & Privilege card;
- Other U.S. state, U.S. territory, District of Columbia, Canadian or U.S. Department of State driver license, instruction permit or identification card;
- Oregon Concealed Weapon permit/Concealed Handgun license; or
- Tribal identification card issued by a federally recognized tribe.