Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Out of State Applicants

Thank you for your interest in licensure in Oregon!

A TSPC license is required in order to serve in a certified position in an Oregon public school district or Educational Service District (ESD). The following licenses are available to you if you have completed an educator preparation program in another state and have not previously held a non-provisional license of the same type in Oregon:

  • Reciprocal Teaching License
  • Reciprocal Administrator License
  • Preliminary School Counselor License
  • Preliminary School Psychologist License
  • Preliminary School Social Worker License

Minimum Qualifications:

To be eligible to apply for any of the licenses above, you will need to meet the minimum requirements, which include a minimum degree requirement, preparation program requirement, and background clearance.

For information about your first Oregon Teaching License, please refer to info in the PDF below. Please review this document before contacting our office with questions:

For complete requirements and instructions for each of the other licenses listed above, you will need to refer to the First Time License page, found under the Licensing section in the menu on the left.