This page provides important information for those who are qualified, or wish to become qualified, as verifiers for Oregon's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program.
- Reports due for permit holders - March 31
- Reports due for petroleum and natural gas systems - March 31
- Reports due for natural gas suppliers - March 31
- Reports due for fuel suppliers and producers - April 30
- Reports due for electricity suppliers - June 1
- Verification Statements due for permit holders, petroleum and natural gas systems, natural gas suppliers, fuel suppliers and producers - August 31
- Verification Statements due for electricity suppliers - September 30
How do I become a verifier?
To become a verifier for the GHG Reporting Program, you will need to be accredited by the California Air Resources Board or be associated with a verification body that is accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board's GHG Validation and Verification Body accreditation program in the areas for which you intend to perform verification. You will also need to take and pass qualification exams for Oregon qualification. For more information on accreditation and eligibility to perform verification services in Oregon, please refer to the document linked below:
DEQ opens a new training and exams period for GHG Reporting Program verifiers annually; when applications become available, they will appear on this page. The GHG Reporting Program is not accepting verifier applications at this time.
Resources for approved verifiers
Upcoming live trainings 2023
Third Party Verification Kickoff Training
This training will share some of the most commonly asked questions from the 2022 verification year and provide important verification-related updates and reminders. Attendance is recommended for all DEQ-approved verifiers who plan to perform services in Oregon in 2023. Both sessions will cover the same material, and there will be time to ask questions of DEQ staff. Training slides will be posted to the Resources section of this page once the training concludes. Please join the trainings using the following Zoom links: