If you are responsible for having your reported information verified under the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program, this page provides information about applicability and deadlines, lists of approved verifiers and verification bodies, and other resources.
Who is required to obtain verification services?
Third party verification requirements for annual greenhouse gas emissions reports, including exemptions, are available in
Verification primarily applies to large facilities and suppliers submitting reports with emissions equal to or greater than 25,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (MTCO2e) in the prior calendar year. Fuel suppliers or in-state producers that share common ownership must aggregate reports together to determine whether they meet the threshold for verification.
For determining applicability, the following emissions are excluded:
- Carbon dioxide emissions from the combustion of biomass-derived fuels
- Emissions associated with preference power purchased from the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), when reported by a designated third party
- Emissions from municipal solid waste landfills
- Natural gas supplier reports for interstate pipelines
Verification requirements begin with 2021 emissions data verified in 2022.
- Reports due for permit holders -
- Reports due for petroleum and natural gas systems -
- Reports due for natural gas suppliers -
- Reports due for fuel suppliers and producers -
- Reports due for electricity suppliers -
- Verification Statements due for permit holders, petroleum and natural gas systems, natural gas suppliers, fuel suppliers and producers -
- Verification Statements due for electricity suppliers -
Find a verification body
Only DEQ-approved verifiers and verification bodies may perform verification services in Oregon. All verifiers are either accredited by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) or are associated with a verification body that is accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board's GHG Validation and Verification Body accreditation program in the verification services they provide.
Elizabeth Hardee, 971-263-1726
Third Party Verification Program Administrator