The Ombuds Advisory Council engages Oregon Health Plan members and those who serve them to:
- Address member concerns,
- Explore policies and programs intended to improve member experience and health outcomes, and
- Continue discussion about how to best achieve better health, better member experience and lower cost.
The Ombuds Advisory Council meets quarterly the last Tuesday of January, April, July and October. Until further notice, the council will meet virtually via Microsoft Teams Meeting.
Use our free subscription service to get Advisory Council meeting notices via text or email
Public Testimony and Meeting Accommodation
OHA seeks public testimony! You can submit public comment two ways:
- In writing via
secure email to
- In person by attending a council meeting to share your thoughts and input. All meetings are open to the public and public feedback is a vital component of every discussion.
OHA will share all comments with the council. All submitted comments are subject to disclosure under Oregon public records law. If OHA is asked to release (disclose) your testimony because of a public records request:
- We will protect your name and contact information by removing that information.
- We may also remove (redact) other information that might allow strangers to identify you.
- But medical, addiction, treatment or other information that you provide may be released in order for your testimony to accurately tell your story.
Everyone has a right to know about and use OHA programs and services. OHA provides free help. Some examples of the free help OHA can provide are:
- Sign language and spoken language interpreters
- Written materials in other languages
- Large print
- Audio and other formats
If you need help or have questions, please email
OHA.OmbudsOffice@odhsoha.oregon.gov at least 48 hours before the meeting.