The Patient-Centered Primary Care Home Program worked with Oregonians across the state to set the standards that determine what a recognized primary care home looks like. Click here to learn more about the Standards Advisory Committee.
- Access to care: Patients get the care they need, when they need it.
- Accountability: Recognized clinics are responsible for making sure patients receive the best possible care.
- Comprehensive: Clinics provide patients all the care, information and services they need.
- Continuity: Clinics work with patients and their community to improve patient and population health over time.
- Coordination and integration: Clinics help patients navigate the system to meet their needs in a safe and timely way.
- Patient and family-centered: Clinics recognize that patients are the most important members of the health care team and that they are ultimately responsible for their overall health and wellness.
The 2017 Technical Assistance and Reporting Guide (TA Guide; revised 2018) contains important information about the current criteria that practices must meet in order to be recognized. To apply to become recognized, please visit the Become Recognized page.
Tiers of recognition
A clinic can achieve five different tiers of recognition depending on various criteria they can demonstrate meeting, with Tier 5 (5 STAR) being the highest a clinic can achieve.
National Committee for Quality Assurance and Oregon PCPCH Recognition
Many practices have already, or are in the process of, pursuing Patient Centered Medical Home recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. While this model is not identical to the Oregon primary care home model, there are areas of similarity. The Oregon Health Authority will recognize Patient Centered Medical Home sites at the level that the National Committee for Quality Assurance has recognized the site, with submission of additional information. If your clinic is already NCQA recognized, please contact PCPCH program staff to discuss your options at PCPCH@dhsoha.state.or.us.