Who: Oregon clinicians, clinic staff and traditional health workers serving Oregon Health Plan members who want to learn and practice patient-centered counseling skills to support patients’ health goals.
What: Dana Sturtevant, MS, RD, will lead a full-day training focused on learning and practicing patient-centered counseling skills. The session will focus on increasing your confidence and skills to facilitate conversations with patients about sensitive topics. Examples will draw from effective contraceptive use and sexual health, tobacco use, controlling high blood pressure and other CCO metric-related topics. Evidence-based health communication models will include motivational interviewing, the FRAMES model and Five A’s for tobacco cessation counseling.
When: The training will be held at 11 locations throughout the state. Choose one. Each training will be from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Portland, February 6: Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St., Room 1E
- Troutdale, February 7: Holiday Inn Express, 477 NW Phoenix Dr.
- Beaverton, February 13: DoubleTree by Hilton, 15402 NW Cornell Rd.
- Salem, February 20: Human Services Building, Room 137A, 500 Summer St.
- McMinnville, February 21: McMinnville Community Center, Room 203, 600 NE Evans St.
- Corvallis, March 20: OSU, LaSells Stewart Center/Conference Center, Ag Science Room, 875 SW 26th Street, Corvallis
- Eugene, March 21: Lane Community College, Center for Meeting and Learning, Room 214, 4000 E. 30th Ave.
- Bend, April 3: OSU Cascades, Tykeson Hall, Room 111, 1500 SW Chandler Ave.
- Medford, April 11: Ramada Medford Hotel and Conference Center, 2250 Biddle Rd.
- La Grande, April 24: Eastern Oregon University, Hoke Union Building, Room 339
- Hermiston, April 25: Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center, Meeting Room 1, 1705 East Airport Rd.
Register here: https://patient-centered-counseling-trainings.eventbrite.com
Questions: Contact Laura Kreger at Laura.E.Kreger@dhsoha.state.or.us or 971-673-3386.
Hosted by the Oregon Health Authority Transformation Center.
Continuing medical education credits
Accreditation and Credit Designation: This activity has been planned and implemented through the joint providership of the Northwest Permanente, PC, Department of Continuing Medical Education & Professional Development (NWP CME & PD) and the Oregon Health Authority Transformation Center. NWP CME & PD is accredited by the Oregon Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians and designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.