We are currently
making changes in DELTA Program. New information will be posted in the next few
weeks. Please stay tuned!
(Developing Equity Leadership through Training & Action) is a health
equity and inclusion leadership program that includes training, capacity
building, and networking to health, community, and policy leaders in
Oregon. Starting in 2013, this nine-month program trains 25
members committed to advancing health equity and diversity throughout Oregon. DELTA provides 40 hours of classroom training, hours
of individualized technical/coaching assistance and facilitates opportunities
for cross-sector partnership. Each participant submits a project proposal
that drives and institutionalizes best practices in their organizations
that promote health equity and inclusion. The information on upcoming recruitment will be posted soon.
- Build the capacity and commitment of Oregon leaders to
decrease inequities and strive to eliminate health disparities.
- Develop collaborative approaches, relationships and
strategic partnerships to promote community wellness and health equity
- Inspire leaders to act individually and collectively as
proactive change agents to address significant challenges and barriers to
achieving optimal health.
- Gain greater understanding of the intersection of
trauma, healing communities and behavioral health disparities by
dismantling systems that perpetuate inequities of care and take action
that can heal communities and build a care system that is both
trauma-informed & culturally resonant.
Upon completion of the DELTA
program, individuals and their organizations will act as
drivers of equity and inclusion within Oregon's health promoting
systems. Meeting approximately once per month in different locations throughout
the state, members will apply the skills they acquire from the training and
facilitate the development and institutionalization of health equity and
inclusion strategies in their own settings. In doing so, health
equity, diversity development and inclusion will be built into planning,
policies, programs, practices, approaches, and resource distribution of these
|Dates, times & locations
- Diversity in Recruitment, Hiring, and Retention and its intersection with Unconscious Bias
- Race, Ethnicity, and Language Data and Health Equity Metrics
- Effective Community Engagement with local Oregon organizations in the Context of Historical Trauma
- Health Literacy and Language Access
- Using the Equity and Empowerment Lens Tools
- Health Equity Leadership, Measurement and Strategic Planning
|Who should attend/apply
||The information on this will be posted soon.
||We plan to introduce a new sliding scale format in the Summer 2019.
Interested in learning more? Watch the informational webinar from August 15, 2018.
DELTA will be reconvening a new Advisory Committee. We will update the information in the next few months.
The main purpose of the Advisory Committee is to:
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of cohort members statewide each year
- Recommend relevant curricula and training that focus on equity and inclusion
- Identify speakers and frameworks that can be utilized by participants for the systemic promotion of equity and inclusion
- Support partnerships, sustainability and sponsorships for the program
- Review measurable objectives and providing input on course improvement
Health Equity Projects: Examples
- Workforce diversity strategic planning
- Diabetes management programming in American Indian/Alaskan Native Populations
- Community Health Improvement Planning
- Quality Insurance (QI) measures for health equity
- Cancer screening for disparities reduction among Latinos
- Community engagement planningMental health interventions in racial/ethnic minority communities
- Mental health interventions in racial/ethnic minority communities
- Cultural competency among health care provider