Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

State Agency Employees

icons8-news-96.pngKey Resources

CHS Partner FAQ
This page contains a comprehensive list of all the Center for Health Statistics Frequently Asked Questions for our Partners. Type in keywords in the "Search" box to narrow your results. If you do not find the question or answer you are looking for, please email Partner Services.

Training Opportunities
Would you like to schedule an individual or group training? Email the Vital Records Trainer. Training includes how to use various OVERS Modules, updates in state law and opportunities to get your questions answered. Recordings of past trainings are also available to view.

OVERS Help Desk - Technical Support: 971-673-0279
The OVERS Help Desk is available to answer questions Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. If you reach the voicemail, leave a detailed and clear message including your name, phone number, case ID and the issue that you are experiencing with OVERS, and we will return your call as soon as we can.

Forgot your password?
Click the “Forgot your password?" link at the bottom of the OVERS login screen.
  • Username is case sensitive and must be correct. 
  • See the Quick Reference Guide for step-by-step instructions to reset your OVERS password.

 icons8-people-96 (1).pngOVERS Resources

​Confidentiality of vital records is different from most client records. Usually, the client can authorize the release of any information in their file. However, under Oregon law, the information contained on a vital record can only be released by the Center for Health Statistics. The Center for Health Statistics has authorized use and release of vital records information in circumstances where the employee is required to use the information for official duties.

For example, if an employee is representing a child in the custody of the State, the employee may release a birth certificate to the child's school so they may be enrolled. However, if a client requests a copy of their child's birth certificate to enroll their child in school, the employee must direct the client to obtain the record from the Center for Health Statistics.

​If you require access to Oregon birth, death, marriage, or divorce records in the course of your work, you must use the Oregon Vital Events Registration System (OVERS). OVERS is a secure, web-based system, so you must establish a user account before accessing vital events.​

To Gain Access to OVERS

  1. Complete the OVERS Enrollment Form (pdf) for state users. You must include your state email address as well as your OR number, RACF ID, or P number. Please do not alter this form.

  2. Fax the form to 971-673-1201.

  3. A Center for Health Statistics employee will notify you by email when your account is created. You can start using OVERS upon receiving your username and password.

  4. For easy access to the system, create a shortcut to or bookmark the OVERS website in your browser.​

When an employee with OVERS access leaves their position, please notify our office as soon as possible. We will disable their access to the system and remove their affiliation with your office.

  1. Complete the top portion of the OVERS Enrollment Form (pdf) for state users. Be sure to check the box stating that the user should be removed from access. No contact information or signatures are required.

  2. Fax the form to 971-673-1201.

  3. The user's access will be revoked by a Center for Health Statistics employee.​

icons8-news-96.png State Agency Employee FAQ's

For a list of frequently asked questions on topics that include locating different records in OVERS, type in “State Agency Employee” in the search box of the Partners FAQ database​