Oregon Health Authority maintains a training calendar for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) and Lead-based Paint Activities (LBPA) training courses.
- Class schedules are subject to change.
- This list may not include all training courses.
- Please contact providers directly for more information on pricing, course availability and scheduling.
Please note that even though a course is listed, it may be full. Contact the training provider directly to find out if space is still available.
Oregon Lead-based Paint Training Calendar (pdf)
Enrolling in a refresher course?
- You MUST have a valid initial training certificate to be eligible for a refresher course.
- If your certificate expires before the date of the course you wish to take, you will need to take the initial class again.
- When you enroll in a refresher course, you must submit a copy of your initial training certificate to the training provider.
What if I don’t have my initial training certificate?
- Contact the training provider that taught the initial course to obtain a copy. If you do not know the name of the training provider, call the Oregon Lead-based Paint Program for assistance at 971-673-0440.
Online refresher courses
- If you're interested in an online refresher course, use the EPA "Find a Trainer" tool. Make sure to click the radio button for "E-Learning."
- Online refresher courses are only good for three years, since the course does not include a hands-on component.
Do I get CCB continuing education credit for completing the lead paint courses?
- Yes! For information on how these courses qualify, visit the Lead Paint Classes page on the CCB website or call the CCB Education section at 503-934-2227.
Accredited training providers
The Oregon Health Authority accredits training providers to provide RRP training courses in the State of Oregon. Please contact training providers directly for information on pricing, course availability and scheduling.
Oregon Lead-based Paint Accredited Training Providers (pdf)
Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Training
- Initial RRP training is an 8-hour course that includes hands-on training.
- Course participants receive a completion certificate valid for 5 years.
- Refresher RRP training is a 4-hour course that includes hands-on training and is available for individuals whose 5-year RRP training certificate has not yet expired.
Lead-based Paint Activities (LBPA) Training
(Lead abatement, inspection, and risk assessment)
- The required number of hours for initial LBPA training courses varies by discipline as listed below.
- Lead Inspector: 24 hours
- Risk Assessor: 16 hours (prerequisite: Lead Inspector course certificate)
- Abatement Worker: 16 hours
- Supervisor: 32 hours
- Project Designer: 16 hours
- Course participants receive a completion certificate valid for 6 months. Within that 6 months after the certificate issuance date, an individual must submit a complete application to OHA (and pass the state exam if applicable) for certification and be issued the OHA certificate. If an individual does not obtain the OHA certificate within the 6 months, they must retake the initial training and reapply for certification.
- Note that once an application is complete (includes documentation and payment described in the application instructions), allow one month for OHA to process the application materials and issue the certificate.
- The OHA certificate is valid for 3 years.
- Refresher LBPA training is an 8-hour training course, which must be completed once per 3 years at a minimum.
- Note that if an individual's OHA certificate expires while holding only an expired training certificate (one that is 3 years or older), the individual would need to re-take the initial multi-day training.
For information about curriculum topics covered in each LBPA course, please review Oregon Administrative Rule 333-069 (and, by reference, 40 CFR 745.225).