Standards and Training Resources
Oregon Emergency Medical Responder education must meet or exceed the National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, January 2009.
National Registry skill sheets are required for all Emergency Medical Provider practical examinations.
Apply to Conduct EMR Courses
If your school or agency would like to conduct an Emergency Medical Responder course, the state must first approve your agency and course director (instructor). Please complete the Application/Notification to Conduct Emergency Medical Responder Course (pdf).
In order to be state-approved as a course director, you must have the following qualifications (OAR 333-265-0018):
- Oregon EMT-Basic or higher
- 3 years or more prehospital care experience
- A current CPR instructor certification
- Possess a completion certificate from one of the following:
- U.S. DOT National Association of EMS Educator course,
- NFPA Fire Instructor 1 from DPSST,
- 40 hours of Instructor Development from DPSST, or
- At least 3 college credits in adult educational theory
If the course or the course director is not approved, applicants completing that course will not retain a license.
Approved EMR Training Agencies
This list contains only the training agencies who requested to have their contact information posted to the public.