Individuals with a qualifying medical condition and a recommendation for medical marijuana from an attending physician may apply for a medical marijuana card.
How to Apply
Before you apply
Designating a grower or caregiver? Effective 4/1/2016, the grower fee is $200 and is paid by the grower. Growers will be notified by the OMMP to pay after the patient submits a new or renewal application.
To apply online
- Create an account and apply online at: ommpsystem.oregon.gov.
- Once your have submitted a complete application, you can print the 30-day receipt, which has the same legal effect as a registry ID card for 30 days.
- To be complete, your application must include all of the items listed in the box below.
Need help? Check out the training and help resources for the online system.
To apply by mail
- Submit the items listed in the box below to OHA/OMMP, P.O. Box 14450, Portland, OR 97293-0450
What to submit
OMMP Application Form
Download form (pdf)
Attending Physician's Statement
This form must be signed by the physician within 90 days of the application date.
If an Attending Physician's Statement is not received with the application, the applicant is NOT LEGALLY PROTECTED under the OMMA.
Download form (pdf)
Copies of current valid photo ID
Include copies of ID for the patient and for any designated caregivers and growers. Patients must be Oregon residents.
View samples of valid ID (pdf)
If you apply by mail, make check or money order payable to OHA/OMMP. Do not send cash.
OMMP has several reduced fee options available.
View cardholder fees
If you are submitting an application for a minor, complete the Minor Declaration Form
Download form (pdf)
**Please keep a copy of your application materials.**
Information for Veterans
To qualify for Veteran status under OMMP, a patient application needs to include sufficient proof of having served in the Armed Forces. This includes but is not limited to the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Reserved Duty and National Guard.
Examples of proof
- A photocopy of your valid ID showing your Veteran status;
- DD214 or DD215 from Veteran’s Administration;
- Benefits Statement;
- Military ID.
Please note: The OMMP cannot accept an NGB22 form as proof.
You must also submit
In addition, Veterans need to submit all items listed above in the What to Submit section on this page. This includes the attending physician statement (APS) for a new patient application.
If the Veteran will be their own grower or does not list a grower AND submits proof of having served in the Armed Forces of the United States the application fee will be $20.
Need some help?
If you have more questions, please call our Customer Service line at 971-673-1234 (12:00 - 4:00 PM, Mon-Fri).
If you would like someone to call on your behalf and discuss your registration information over the phone, submit the Verbal Release of Information form (pdf) and we would be happy to accommodate you.
After you apply
After you submit your application, OMMP staff will:
- Verify the information contained listed on your application.
- Conduct a criminal background check on the grower, if applicable.
If your application is complete:
- Your card and your caregiver's card (if you designated a caregiver) will be mailed to you.
- If you designated a grower, the grower card will be mailed separately to the grower after the grower pays the grow site registration fee.
If your application is NOT complete:
- OMMP staff will send you an "Incomplete Letter" to let you know what needs to be submitted to complete your application. You will have 14 days from the date of the letter to get the missing application materials to OMMP. If the missing application materials are not submitted within the 14 days, your application may be rejected.
Please do not call to check your status prior to 30 days from the date we receive your application. The processing of applications takes time, and the same staff who review your application also answer the phones. The more calls we receive, the slower we process applications.