Both current and former manufacturers must comply with all requirements under Oregon E-Cycles (Oregon Revised Statute 459A.300-.365) in order for their products to be sold in or into Oregon.
- Register with DEQ
- Registration is an annual requirement (ORS 459A.300-.365). Manufacturers of computers, monitors, TVs, and desktop printers sold in or into Oregon must register with DEQ by Dec. 31. Former manufacturers must also register if their devices were sold in or into Oregon during the previous year and are not currently registered by another manufacturer. Registration is open from Oct. 15 – Dec. 31 every year.
- Pay registration fee
- Manufacturers must pay a registration fee to DEQ annually. Invoices for registration fees are sent in May; payment is due July 1. Manufacturer registration requirements
- Participate in a recycling program
- At the time of registration, manufacturers must indicate which recycling program they will use: the State Contractor Program (default), their own program or a group program. Manufacturers must meet certain requirements to pursue their own or a group program.
- Pay recycling fee
- Manufacturers participating in the State Contractor Program must pay recycling fees to DEQ each year. Recycling fees are invoiced July 1; payment is due Sept. 1. Recycling Obligations and Programs
Label computers, monitors, TVs and printers
All Oregon E-Cycles covered electronic devices, except computer peripherals, sold in or into Oregon must have a readily visible brand label permanently affixed to the product. Outreach materials
Timeline - registration and recycling requirements
Below is the annual timeline for manufacturer registration and recycling requirements:
October to December
Manufacturers register for the next calendar year and select a recycling program. Register online: www.ecycleregistration.org.
Manufacturers provide sales data for previous year for DEQ's use in determining their registration fee tier placement and return shares and return shares by weight.
DEQ sends preliminary registration fee tier placements for current-year registration.
Deadline for submitting registration fee tier reassignment requests to DEQ.
DEQ sends final registration fee tier placements and invoices for current-year registration. DEQ sends return shares and return shares by weight for next calendar year.
Registration fees due for current calendar year. DEQ sends recycling invoices to manufacturers participating in the State Contractor Program.
Recycling fee due for manufacturers participating in the State Contractor Program.
For more information
Provides manufacturers with detailed information to successfully meet their obligations under Oregon E-Cycles.