December 11, 2020
The Oregon Health Authority is seeking applicants to serve on the Measure 110 Oversight and Accountability Council. Ballot Measure 110 (2020) creates a grant program to fund addiction recovery centers (ARCs). ARCs will help people who use drugs to assess their own needs and connect with appropriate care and services. The Oversight and Accountability Council will determine how grant funds will be distributed and oversee the implementation of addiction recovery centers.
Members of the Oversight and Accountability Council will serve for four years. Members who are not paid by an employer to serve on the council will be provided a stipend to compensate them for their time. Members will need to disclose any potential conflicts of interest and excuse themselves from decisions when appropriate.
OHA invites applications from people who represent the following perspectives:
- People with lived experience of substance use or substance use disorder.
- Recovery peers, including peer support or peer wellness specialists or certified recovery mentors.
- Members of communities that have been disproportionately impacted by arrests, prosecution or sentencing for conduct that has been classified or reclassified as a class E violation pursuant to section 11 to section 19.
- Representatives of federally recognized tribes.
- Physicians specializing in addiction medicine.
- Licensed clinical social workers.
- Evidence based substance use disorder providers.
- Harm reduction services providers.
- People specializing in housing services for people with substance use disorder or a diagnosed mental health condition.
- Academic researchers specializing in drug use or drug policy.
- Mental or behavioral health providers.
- Representatives of a coordinated care organization.
- People who work for a non-profit organization that advocates for people who experience or have experienced substance use disorders.
To apply, submit an application here by Jan. 1.
A team at OHA will review applications and inform applicants of appointments by Feb. 1.
For questions or more information, email OHA.Measure110@dhsoha.state.or.us, or contact Wesley Rivers at 971-284-9023.
# # #