Module 1 & 2 Materials
Antibiotics & You (Grades 4-6)
Oregon AWARE is pleased to offer Oregon schools and educators, for grades 4 - 6, the Antibiotics and You course. This program provides educators with the training and materials to teach a one-hour healthy living lesson focused on judicious use of antibiotics and ways to avoid contracting a viral infection. The coalition has found that the most effective way to disseminate this valuable information is to have an AWARE trainer come to the school or district office and give a group of educators the tools to integrate the course into their curriculum. However, educators can request a trained speaker to give the class.
- Antibiotics and You class is interactive, entertaining and helps build a foundation of understanding when antibiotics are necessary, and when they are not. The class includes lesson plans and teaching material that reinforces the speaker's instruction.
Students will learn
- The difference between viruses and bacteria
- How germs spread and what children can do to stay healthy
- How antibiotics work and when they are effective
- What one can do to prevent antibiotic resistance
- How to preserve our antibiotic lifeline
Material provided includes
Also available: Germs - Viruses & Bacteria Activity Kit
An 8-page booklet of coloring sheets and games that teaches children and their parents about antibiotic resistance. Suitable for grades 4 - 6.
Do Bugs Need Drugs? (Grades K-3)
Do Bugs Need Drugs? is an interactive and entertaining community education program for children, grades K - 3, that is about hand washing and responsible use of antibiotics. An Oregon AWARE trainer will come to the school or district office and give educators the training and materials to integrate this course into their curriculum. However, educators can request a trained speaker to give the class.
To learn more, visit Do Bugs Need Drugs?
Children's Antibiotic Resistance Activity Kit
An 8-page booklet of coloring sheets and games that teaches children and their parents about antibiotic resistance. Suitable for grades K - 3. Size 8.5" x 11".
Down With Superbugs
Antibiotic resistance presentation geared towards lay audiences.