The Oregon ScreenWise Program is a statewide network of providers that offer a variety of breast and cervical cancer screening, cardiovascular, and genetics services for uninsured and underinsured patients. Our mission is to reduce breast and cervical cancer, cardiovascular disease and other diseases by promoting early detection, risk factor screening, risk reduction support, linkage to medical treatment and education, and surveillance for the public.
Patient Eligibility – Effective May 1, 2018
A patient must meet the following requirements to be enrolled in ScreenWise:
- Age 21-49 and needing breast or cervical cancer
- Age 50 or older and needing breast or cervical
cancer screening or diagnostic services.
- Location¥¥: A
patient must live or intend to live in Oregon.
- Income¥¥: A
patient must have a household income at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Level.
Insurance status¥¥: A
patient must either have no health insurance OR have health insurance,
but not enough to cover their needs.
For further guidance on eligibility changes please see the 2018 Eligibility Change FAQ document. For general program guidance or further questions, providers can also call the 211info Provider Line at (971) 277-6816 and speak with a ScreenWise Specialist.
¥ Need for diagnostic
services to be determined by clinician
Income and Insurance information is self-declared by client
- Enroll patients into ScreenWise;
- Conduct patient screening, diagnostics and referrals;
- Refer eligible women with a qualifying cancer diagnosis to the Oregon Health Plan for treatment;
- For diagnosed women ineligible for Medicaid, identify and refer to free or low-cost sources of treatment.
- Call 211 or 1-877-255-7070
All providers in the ScreenWise network must adhere to Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs).