Local communities have taken great strides to ensure that health and early learning organizations are coordinated in in serving community members, including:
- Membership from multiple sectors on Hub and CCO boards
- Shared Hub and CCO projects and initiatives
- Shared funding for staff positions, professional development, and marketing
- Shared work plans and strategies for meeting shared metrics
- Focused communities of practice
Since 2014 a full-time Child Systems Collaboration Coordinator position supports the following activities and priorities:
Coordination across agencies
- Daily contact with Early Learning Division staff.
- OHA membership on Early Learning Division teams and committees.
- Collective impact work on developmental screening and other shared early childhood measures.
Coordination within OHA
Coordination between CCOs and Early Learning Hubs
The Raising of America is a documentary series that interweaves the latest discoveries from neuroscience with the stories of families and communities struggling to provide the nurturing environments all babies and young children need to thrive—while too often hindered by social conditions that put their children on low developmental trajectories.
Vroom is set of tools (including a smartphone app) that empowers parents and caregivers to be brain builders. Learn more about Oregon's Vroom pilot sites and how to share Vroom in your community.