Temporary foods added
We want to help you shop during COVID-19.
Oregon WIC has new options for fruit, vegetables, eggs, and cheese. These are not extra benefits. These foods are temporarily added to help you find foods to buy with your existing benefits.
As of July 1, 2020, you can temporarily buy:
- Canned fruits and vegetables with your fruit and vegetable benefit. See below for more details.
- Authorized cheese in 8 ounce blocks.
- White eggs that are medium, large, extra-large and jumbo (no organic or cage-free)
Which canned fruits and vegetables can I buy?
- Fruits packed in water or juice without added sugars
- Any type of container, including plastic multi-packs
- Natural or unsweetened applesauce OK
- Organic OK
- No syrup, such as heavy, light or extra light
- No artificial sweeteners or no-calorie sweeteners
- No fruits cocktail or mixed fruit with cherries
- Vegetables without added fat or oils
- Tomato or tomato products OK (like whole, strained, crushed, diced, paste, or puree)
- Organic OK
- No mixtures with mature beans, such as kidney or black beans
- No pickled, creamed or sauced canned vegetables
- No salsa, stewed tomatoes or tomato sauces
Here is a flyer with more information.
Oregon WIC Approved Foods - Effective March 1st, 2019
Click on the pictures below to view or download the Oregon WIC Food List.
Note: These are Adobe Reader (PDF format) files. Due to the number of images, they are large files and may take a few minutes to download and open.
*The Food List is available in print in English and Spanish.
If you would like to provide a printed copy of this list to participants who need them in other languages, you can download printer-friendly versions here: Arabic | Burmese | Chinese | Chuukese | Karen | Nepali | Russian | Somali | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
Common WIC foods (visual teaching tool, available online only): English