Skip to main content

Over-Dimension Operations

Please note - Office visits by appointment only; special waivers and more

Do I Need an Over-Dimension Permit?

See Oregon’s Process for Managing Oversize and Overweight Trucks.

Get an Over-Dimension Permit

Permits to exceed the legal dimensions above must be acquired before movement of the oversize load in Oregon.

Permit Attachments

Attachments provide the motor carrier with information and provisions of the permit.

Reference Material

 Types of Over-Dimension Loads

Superload Requirements

Travel Restrictions

Oregon restricts movement of over-dimension loads throughout the year and during six holiday periods. Restrictions depend on the type of combination of truck operations. See your permit and/or attachment for specific details regarding all travel restrictions.

Restriction Letters

The Commerce and Compliance Division regularly sends letters to all holders of annual over-dimension permits notifying them of upcoming road and bridge restrictions that may affect their trucking operations. Receive these free restriction letter notices by signing up for email alerts.
  1. Under Subscription Topics scroll to “Motor Carrier”.
  2. Select “Over-Dimension Permit Road and Bridge Restriction Notices”.
  3. Select any other news alerts you want to receive.
  • Motor carriers need to provide this information to their drivers to ensure they are aware of the restrictions.
  • Road restriction dates on the recent restriction letters listed below may change or be extended due to weather or other unforeseen delays.
  • Refer to the Restriction List for up-to-date information.

Contact Us

Oregon Department of Transportation
Commerce and Compliance Division
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem OR 97302-1166
Hours of Operation (Pacific Time)
Monday through Friday
Office: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone Service: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesdays for staff meeting.
Over-Dimension Permit Unit
General Carrier Questions
Email the ODOT TOL Team.

Road and Bridge Restrictions

Updated daily on Oregon Trucking Online.

Road and Weather Advisories

Visit our TripCheck website.
Call 800-977-6368 (in state).
Call 503-588-2941 (out of state).


County Public Works Information
Web Page Support
Email the CCD Web Team.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how