Health Equity Plan
OHA has updated this year's Health Equity Plan reporting requirements to reduce CCO reporting burden and to support a transition to the revised Exhibit K, Section 10 Health Equity Plan deliverables.
Whereas last year's report included 2 sections with eight (8) discrete focus areas, this year the Health Equity Plan report has been reorganized to reflect shifts in Focus Area requirements that went into effect on January 1, 2023. See the 2022-2023 Section Contents and Focus Area Crosswalk section and figures below for a detailed visual representation of the changes to section and focus area contents.
Please review the following instructions to ensure all reporting requirements are met.
Focus Area Updates (formerly Health Equity Plan Update)
- This section has been updated from the previous year and streamlined to comply with Exhibit K, Sections 10 a. and 10 b. and includes:
- Update on Health Equity Administrator, CCO service area and workforce demographics, and CCO Board and CAC composition.
- Strategies, Goals, Objectives, Activities, Metrics Updates, and Progress Updates for each Focus Area.
Annual Training and Education Report
- Reporting for this section has not changed significantly from Year 3 (CY 2022). Completion of this section complies with Exhibit K, Section 10 c. and includes reporting on CY 2022 training activities as well as current year planned training activities. While Year 3 Focus Area (FA) 6 is no longer reported on in Section 1, strategies and goals from this FA can be integrated into the narrative update field of Section 2.
- CCOs should complete the separate Excel reporting template called “2022 and 2023 Organizational and Provider Network DEI Training and Plan Template" and include it with the CCO's FA Updates submission described in Section 1 above.
- While not required, if CCOs provided any trainings to their provider network, CCOs are encouraged to report on it. Additionally, if CCOs have any additional updates or changes to CCO Organizational and Provider Network Cultural Responsiveness, Implicit Bias, and Education Plan, they are encouraged to complete the narrative. This section has a 3-page maximum, not counting referenced supporting documentation or required Excel templates.
2022 – 2023 Section Contents and Focus Area Crosswalk
Year 4 (CY 2023) FAs differ from Year 3 FAs. New FAs were added related to community engagement and to people with disabilities and LGBTQIA2S+ people. CCOs were also made aware of an additional shift in FAs for the June 30, 2023, HEP as a way to consolidate FAs that were repetitive and remove FAs that have been handed over to other areas of OHA (i.e., Grievance and Appeals). For reference, a visual aid (Fig. 1) is provided below showing a side-by-side comparison of
Year 3 and Year 4 HEP update report sections and FAs.
For some FAs, CCOs may carry over previous strategies from Year 3 FAs (e.g., Year 3 FA 2, Demographic Data as Year 4 FA 1: REALD / SOGI). In these cases, reporting sections will include spaces for progress updates on previous strategies and goals as well as space to modify or introduce new strategies and subsequent goals. Other FAs were not included in the scope of Year 3 FAs (e.g., Year 4 FA 3: People with Disabilities and LGBTQIA2S+ People). For these FAs, sections are provided in the report template for the CCO's background, context, and current efforts for the FA and the introduction of new strategies and goals. Information may be drawn from other areas of the Year 3 Health Equity Plan submission, including Year 3 Section 1's Health Equity Plan Update.
Reporting Requirements and Format Specifications:
- The CY 2023 HEP submission consists of the following:
- Completed HEP submission template
- This document and all supporting documentation must be submitted as a single PDF file to meet accessibility requirements; no other format will be accepted.
- Completed Excel reporting template called “2022 and 2023 Organizational and Provider Network DEI Training and Plan"
The HEP submission must be submitted to OHA by email to the CCO contract deliverables
by July 14, 2023. (This due date was
extended from June 30.)
- Must be written in 12-point Arial font with single spacing to meet readability and accessibility standards.
- All pages should be clearly numbered.
- Template sections are fully completed. CCO should put special attention to their goals and measures of success. CCO provides defined strategic goal(s) that include background narrative explaining the selection of goals under each priority area. CCO uses SMARTIE goals. Smartie stands for Strategic, Measurable, Ambitious, Realistic, Time-bound, Inclusive, and Equitable.
- Please note that some sections have specified page limits. Any page limits noted exclude supporting documentation. While OHA has provided generous page limit guidelines to accommodate each CCO's unique needs and experience, OHA encourages CCOs to provide comprehensive responses while being as brief as possible. Visual materials, including charts, graphs, maps, photographs, and other pictorial presentations are included in the page limitation.
- Supporting documentation is required and must be relevant to the item being addressed. All supporting documentation attached and referenced in the narrative portion must be clearly labeled to reflect the content (e.g., CCOxyz_LEP_Policy). The inclusion of hyperlinks to another location within the same document is requested to facilitate quick access to the document referenced by OHA reviewers. Documents that are not referenced in the narrative but are submitted will not be reviewed.