All Oregon State approved HCI letters Qualified
and Certified are valid for 4 years from the date of
issue (OAR 333-002-0140 and 333-002-0150).
Renewing your Qualified or Certified Letter
All Oregon State approved HCI letters (Qualified and Certified are valid for 4 years from the date of issue (OAR 333-002-0140 and 333-002-0150). According to the new Rule Housebill 2359, Health Care Interpreters are no longer required to be certified; it is optional.
All Qualified and Certified HCI's must complete 24 hours of OHA approved continuing education (CEU):
Approved CEUs from the following organizations will be accepted by OHA for the renewal of HCI letters:
- Certification Commission for Health Care Interpreters (CCHI),
- International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA)
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- Oregon Judicial Department (OJD)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- Washington State (DSHS)
- Oregon Health Authority, Office of Equity and Inclusion (OHA/OEI)
Step 1: Complete your required continuing education hours
Information on CEU's topics approved by certification bodies recognized by OHA
Step 2: Complete your Health Care Interpreter Renewal Application
All application fees have been waived, do not send any checks to pay for fees
Health Care Interpreter Renewal Application
Step 3: Submit your application renewal form
Send your completed Renewal Application to:
Health Care Interpreter
Office of Equity and Inclusion
421 SW Oak Street, Suite 750
Portland, OR 97204
* Are you having problems with accessing our on-line application? Please follow the instructions from this link. The instructions will help to download the application in Chrome and Firefox. Also, make sure you have the current version of Adobe Reader.
If you need
assistance or have HCI application/program related questions, please send
an email to HCI.email@example.com or, call
971-673-3378 and we will respond to your
message as soon as we are able, thank you.