Due to the risks posed by COVID-19 and the current
recommendations regarding group gatherings, OEI has decided to postpone our community
sponsorship program until further notice.
Please check our website periodically to see when the sponsorship program resumes.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion, a Division of the Oregon Health Authority is pleased to announce the availability of sponsorship funds on a first come first serve basis. All requirements for submission of sponsorship applications remain the same.
Through our Sponsorship Program, we support activities that build relationships between community-based organizations and OHA to promote health equity, diversity and inclusion in our communities.
Applicants who are determined eligible, can be awarded up to $1,000 in sponsorship funds for community-based activities that provide opportunities for OHA to participate in as an event sponsor.
This program prioritizes events and organizations that serve diverse communities including underserved racial and ethnic communities, people of color, immigrants and refugees, LGBTQ communities, and people with disabilities. In addition to all areas of Oregon, both urban and rural, and areas with a large concentration of these priority populations.
- Promote health equity and diversity education and awareness.
- Help organizational capacity building.
- Build community connections and engagement.
- Encourage information sharing.
- Inform OHA policy and program development.
- Support recruiting and diversifying workforce and contractor base.
To ensure consistency and fairness, we use the following process for all sponsorship requests:
2. Ensure you submit your application no later than 56 calendar days (8 weeks) before the start date of an event. Please note, applications submitted after the deadline may not be considered for sponsorship.
3. We will send you an email confirming your submission.
4. We review applications monthly and will notify you of the status of your application within 4 weeks of receipt.
If you are applying for sponsorship, you must meet the following requirements before your application will be considered.
- Events must take place in Oregon and serve the people of Oregon.
- Organizations or their fiscal agent must have 501c3 status and be able to provide documentation.
- Organizations may only receive one (1) event sponsorship per calendar year.