Skip to main content Homepage

THW Training Programs

This page provides information on OHA-Approved training programs for all THW worker types.

People seeking to become a Traditional Health Worker need to meet the training requirements for their worker type in order to qualify for state certification.

Community Health Workers, Peer Wellness Specialists, Personal Health Navigators, and Peer Support Specialists, including the subtypes of Family Support Specialist and Youth Support Specialist, must complete an OHA-Approved training program for that worker type. Specific requirements for each worker type can be found on the How to Become a THW.

Birth Doulas may either take an OHA-Approved Training Program for Birth Doulas or other training program that meets the curriculum standards under the rules for Birth Doulas.

News and Announcements


Upcoming Training Opportunities


Find an Approved THW Training Program

The following training programs will require a fee that you need to pay on your own. Oregon Health Authority State Certification and Registration is free once training requirements are met.