HB 4135 from the 2018 Regular Session requires the Oregon Health Authority-Public Health Division to convene an Advance Directive Adoption Committee to:
- Adopt the form of an Advance Directive to be used in this state
- Review the form every four years to adopt changes the committee determines necessary
- Submit the form to Legislature for ratification during an odd numbered year
The Committee will convene for the first time in 2019, and will submit a revised form to the legislature no later than September 1, 2020.
Advisory Committee Membership
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division is seeking applicants for the Advance Directive Adoption Committee.
OHA invites applications from people who meet the criteria outlined in HB 4135, Section (2).
Committee members are appointed by the Governor. Member terms are in general four years each.
To apply, submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2018:
- A completed executive appointment interest form, which is available on the Governor’s office website at http://www.oregon.gov/gov/admin/Pages/How_To_Apply.aspx
- A resume or brief biographical sketch
- A brief statement of interest
Advisory Committee Meetings
Check back for updates closer to the committee start date in fall of 2019.