Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Music Therapy Program - License Information

How to get licensed

As of Dec. 1, 2015, the Health Licensing Office is accepting applications for music therapists. Here's how to apply:

  • Submit a completed application form, as well as payment of the $150 application fee and $50 license fee.
  • Submit one form of acceptable photographic identification, which must include applicant's current legal name, such as driver's license, state ID card, passport or military ID card. (Clear, front and back photocopies are acceptable if submitting by mail.)
  • If age is not included on photo ID submitted above, applicant must submit proof of being at least 18 years old and provide a copy of birth certificate or school/military/governmental record with age documented.
  • Provide documentation of one of the qualifying pathways (qualification through CBMT or NMTR or qualification through reciprocity). See application form (linked above) for more details on the pathways.
  • Note that if you are qualifying through CBMT or NMTR that you must arrange for the organization to submit your documentation directly to the Health Licensing Office; it cannot come from an individual.