Skip to main content Homepage

Veterans Eligible for Examination Reimbursement

Offered through U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, HECC Private Career Schools

If you're a veteran of the U.S. military with G.I. Bill benefits, you may be eligible for reimbursement for some of the licensing examinations the Health Licensing Office (HLO) administers.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers the reimbursement program through the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC), Oregon state approving agency.

You may be eligible for reimbursement from Veterans Affairs for some examinations for the following professions:

  • Body Piercer
  • Cosmetologist (Barbering, Hair Design, Esthetician, Nail Technologist)
  • Electrologist
  • Hearing Aid Specialist
  • Nursing Home Administrator
  • Polysomnographic Technologist
  • Tattoo Artist
  • Waste Water Specialist

For specific questions please contact Barbara Zeal, ODE Education Specialist, at (503) 947-5727 or at

Visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or call 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) (800-829-4833 if hearing impaired) for more information on the program.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how