The goal of the OHA Office of Equity and Inclusion Community Advisory Council (CAC) is to center community voices in the Office of Equity and Inclusion’s (OEI) work to improve health equity and to establish a more equitable relationship between OEI, OHA and Oregon’s diverse communities.
The CAC helps support our vision, mission and goals in the following ways:
- Reviews updates of our strategic plan;
- Guide our budget and sharing of resources;
- Shares information with health care leaders and community members;
- Work with Oregon Health Authority leaders to develop policies and programs;
- Gives advice on how to find and maintain a diverse workforce;
- Recommends research activities on health equity in Oregon and around the US.
Join the Council
CAC members can expect to commit to one two-hour meeting every other month, with an additional two hours per month outside of meetings. Please see the Purpose Statement for more information and for member responsibilities.
In order to ensure equitable geographic representation, we are seeking the following representation:
- One (1) member of Oregon’s Nine Federally Recognized Tribes or Urban Indian community
If you are not from the above regions or categories, your application will not be considered for this recruitment, but will be held for any future recruitments in your geographic region. Please complete and return the application below to be considered.
For more information about the OHA Office of Equity and Inclusion's Community Advisory Council, please contact Allison Varga, OEI Community Engagement Coordinator (Allison.email@example.com).
OEI Community Advisory Council application materials: