1. Determine the license type you need:
- Installer only
- Pumper only
- Combined Pumper/Installer
2. Complete required pre-license training required for Installer and Pumper/Installer licenses by attending the DEQ Initial Installer Certification course offered by Chemeketa Community College.
3. File your Corporation, LLC, Partnership and/or Assumed Business Name with the Secretary of State Corporate Division. Read Start a Business guide for information about how to set up your business.
4. Contact your insurance agent to obtain a Sewage Disposal Service Bond for $15,000 for Installer or Pumper/Installer licenses, and $5,000 for Pumper only licenses. Make sure the bond is issued to the exact business name you registered with the Secretary of State if you needed to do that.
Sign the original bond and assure the bond agent or company has affixed the corporate seal of the surety company. (The bond company will access the DEQ form to issue your bond. You do not need to print it.)
5. For Pumper or Pumper/Installer license applications:
- Print both pages of the Equipment Description/Vehicle Inspection form complete just the first page. Contact a local Onsite septic program agent to perform the inspection. The inspector will return the original form to you.
- Contact your disposal sites to arrange a documented disposal agreement so they can accept the waste you will pump. Photocopy that disposal agreement.
6. Set up a user account in Your DEQ Online as a Responsible Official (RO) using instructions on the Your DEQ Online account registration page. This includes a step-by-step user guide, recorded webinars and instructional videos.
7. Once your account is verified & linked to the SDS Program, go to the My Account section of your account and select the Sewage Disposal Service program. Now you may apply and pay for a new license. During this process, you'll be asked to upload required attachments for the license application.
8. Once you have finished preparing your SDS license application in Your DEQ Online, mail the following items to: DEQ, Attn Onsite, 165 E 7th Ave, Ste 100, Eugene OR 97401
- Original sealed and signed bond (2 pages). Failure to complete this step correctly will delay issuance of your license. Not accepted: Photocopies of bonds or bonds without a Surety seal or your signature.
- Original completed vehicle inspections (2 pages) if applying as a Pumper or Pumper/Installer.
9. DEQ will process your submittal and contact you for any additional information needed. Processing time is approximately 2-3 weeks but may be longer during renewal season in the summer.