When you shop at a WIC authorized store with your eWIC card, it is helpful to take a copy of the
WIC Food List and to know your current food benefit balance.
WICShopper app is an easy way to check your current food balance and view the
WIC Food List while in the store. See the WICShopper app section below for more information.
For helpful tips when shopping for WIC foods, see our Shopping With Your eWIC Card brochure (links in the
WIC Shopping section below), and watch the videos below on WIC Shopping and
Checking Your Balance.
Want to learn more?
free WICShopper app
is available for iPhone and Android.
Use the WICShopper app to:
- Check your benefit balance.
- Receive reminders before your benefits expire.
- Scan barcodes to check for approved foods.
- Use the food list to confirm the food is authorized.
- Find stores that take WIC.
- Look up recipe ideas.
- Access WICHealth.org to find online nutrition courses.
How do I download the WICShopper app and register my eWIC card?
How to install and use the app
What if I have problems opening the WICShopper app when I am in the store?
Internet connection can be spotty inside some stores. Try opening the app before you enter the store.
Checking Your Balance
There are 4 ways to check your food benefit balance:
- Use the FREE WICShopper smartphone app
- Look at the remaining balance printed on your
last WIC shopping receipt
- Call eWIC Customer Service toll-free: 1-844-234-4946
- Check your food balance on the ebtEDGE website: www.ebtedge.com
WIC benefits do not roll over to the next month. Spend your benefits before they expire at the end of the month. Contact your WIC office as directed to receive more benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I buy this?
If an item doesn't ring up as a WIC food:
- You may not have enough benefits left.
- It might not be an approved item on the
WIC Food List.
- If it's eligible, it may need to be added to the system.
If this happens, the cashier can't change this or let you buy that food with your WIC card.
Can I save my benefits for future months?
No, WIC benefits must be used by the end of the month. If you don't use them, you lose them.
Where can I shop?
You can shop at any grocery store in Oregon that accepts WIC.
A map of grocery stores
can be found on the WIC website, or on the WICShopper app.
Can I use a store loyalty card?
Yes, you are allowed to use store loyalty cards, coupons, buy one/get one offers and other specials when shopping with WIC.
What can I do if the store is out of a product?
Shop for the product in another WIC store. Rain checks, IOUs and substitutions are not allowed.
Can I return food bought with an eWIC card?
No, foods bought with an eWIC card cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, credit or items. Recalled, damaged or an item that was expired when you bought it can be exchanged.
I paid for my WIC food by accident using my own money or my Oregon Trail card. Can I return the food?
Yes, most stores allow returns with a receipt.
What do I do if I am having PIN issues?
- If you entered your PIN incorrectly four times, your card will lock and won't unlock until midnight. Consider resetting your PIN after the 2nd or 3rd try so you can still shop. See the
Setting Your PIN video below for more information.
- To reset the PIN, call the number on the back of the card or go to the wesite: www.ebtedge.com
Where can I get a WIC Food List?
How do I get started with my eWIC card?