Hazardous Waste

​Resource Conservation and Recovery Act site identification numbers

A RCRA site identification number is required for certain facilities managing wastes under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. The site identification number is required for facilities notifying the DEQ of their hazardous waste, universal waste or used oil activities.

For reporting go to the Your DEQ Online Help Page.

Who must submit a site identification form

If you fit into any of the following categories, you must notify DEQ using the Site Identification Form:

  • Large Quantity Hazardous Waste Generator
  • Small Quantity Hazardous Waste Generator
  • Remediation site owners/contractors who generate regulated amounts of Hazardous Waste
  • Businesses conducting a one-time clean out of Hazardous Waste chemicals at their facility, provided they generate regulated amounts of Hazardous Waste
  • Hazardous Waste Transporter
  • Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility
  • Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage or Disposal Facility
  • Recycler of Hazardous Waste
  • Marketer or Burner of Hazardous Waste Fuel
  • Used Oil Collection Center
  • Used Oil Transporter
  • Used Oil Transfer Facility
  • Used Oil Processor/Re-finer
  • Used Oil Fuel Marketer
  • Off-Specification Used Oil Burner
  • Large Quantity Handler of Universal Waste
  • Off-site Universal Waste Collection Site
  • Pesticide Collection Program
  • Destination Facility for Universal Waste
  • Manifest Broker​