In order to qualify for the rebate you must:
- Be a low- or moderate-income household
- Be an Oregon resident (with a valid ID)
- Purchase or lease a new or used battery electric or plug-in electric vehicle from a dealer (no person-to-person sales are eligible)
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles must have been purchased or leased on or after Sept. 29, 2019
- Register the vehicle in Oregon, and retain registration for at least 24 months
- Provide documentation showing proof of income eligibility
- Submit your rebate application within six (6) months after the purchase or lease date
How can I find out if I meet the income limits?
Can I apply for both rebates?
Yes, if you purchase or lease a new battery electric vehicle, you can also apply for the Standard Rebate. Just fill out the rebate application and be sure to check the boxes in Part 3A. If you meet all the requirements, you can receive a check for $5,000.
Charge Ahead Rebates are expected to begin to be issued in late 2019 for purchases or leases completed in 2018 or 2019. This is because proof of household income is needed to qualify for the Charge Ahead Rebate. DEQ has recently hired a third-party contractor that has the appropriate security measures in place to collect and protect personal information.