Program and Income Requirements
In order to qualify for the rebate you must:
- Be a low or moderate income household
- Be an Oregon resident (with a valid ID)
- Purchase or lease a new or used battery electric vehicle from a dealer (no person-to-person sales are eligible)
- Only vehicles purchased or leased after January 1, 2018 are eligible
- Register the car in Oregon, and retain registration for at least 24 months
- Provide documentation showing proof of income eligibility
- Submit your application within 6 months after the purchase or lease date
How can I find out if I meet the income limits?
Click on the income eligibility tool where you can input your address to determine what income levels apply to you. You will need to enter your household size based on how you file your taxes.
Can I apply for both rebates?
Yes, if you purchase or lease a new battery electric vehicle, you can also apply for the standard rebate. Just fill out the application and if you meet all the requirements, you can receive a check for $5,000.
DEQ expects to issue Charge Ahead Rebates in 2019, for purchases or leases completed in 2018 or 2019. This is because proof of household income is needed to qualify for the Charge Ahead Rebate. DEQ is identifying a third party vendor that has the appropriate security measures in place to collect and protect personal information.