The Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program offers a cash rebate for Oregon drivers who purchase or lease electric vehicles. It is not a tax credit. DEQ designed the program to reduce vehicle emissions by encouraging more Oregonians to purchase or lease electric vehicles rather than gas vehicles. The program contains two rebate options:
- Standard Rebate for the purchase or lease of a new plug-in hybrid electric vehicle or a new battery electric vehicle.
- Charge Ahead Rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used battery electric vehicle. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles purchased on Sept. 29, 2019 or later also qualify for this rebate. To qualify for the Charge Ahead Rebate, the purchaser or lessee must be from a low- or moderate-income household. The income requirements vary depending on where you live in Oregon.
To see if you meet the income requirements for your area, please use the Income Eligibility Calculator.
To apply for the rebate, please submit the following within six (6) months of your purchase or lease date:
- General Rebate Application
- Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration
- Copy of the sales or lease contract
- Proof of Oregon residency (e.g., Oregon driver’s license)
Mail the completed application packet to:
Center for Sustainable Energy
Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
3980 Sherman Street, Suite 170
San Diego, CA 92110
If you are applying for the Charge Ahead rebate, our third-party administrator, The Center for Sustainable Energy, will be contacting you via email with information on how to upload your income information to verify eligibility.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com, 855–EVEHICLE or 855-383-4425.