Oregon adopted the Clean Trucks Rule in November 2021, which has two components: a manufacturer zero emission vehicle sales requirement and a one-time fleet reporting requirement for businesses, government agencies and other entities that operate or dispatch on-road medium- and heavy-duty vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 8,500 lbs. in Oregon. The fleet reporting component is due by June 30, 2022.
What types of medium and heavy-duty trucks must be reported?
All on-road medium and heavy-duty trucks, from vans and three-quarter-ton pickups, to heavier vehicles, such as delivery trucks, school buses, transit buses and tractor-trailer trucks, must be reported.
Who must report?
- Businesses with gross annual revenues greater than $50 million in the United States for the 2021 tax year, including revenues from all subsidiaries, subdivisions or branches, and had one or more vehicles over 8,500 lbs. GVWR under common ownership or control that were operated in Oregon in 2021;
- Any fleet owner in the 2021 calendar year that had five or more vehicles over 8,500 lbs. GVWR under common ownership or control; or
- Any broker or entity that dispatched five or more vehicles over 8,500 lbs. GVWR into or throughout Oregon in 2021; or
- Any Oregon government agency, including all state and local municipalities, that had five or more vehicles over 8,500 lbs. GVWR that were operated in Oregon in 2021; or
- Any federal government agency that had one or more vehicles over 8,500 lbs. GVWR that were operated in Oregon in 2021.
How do I report?
Download the reporting form. Once complete, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com