Identification and Support Model
Opportunity and Innovation Partnerships
Opportunity and Innovation Partnerships will be established with school districts with fewer numbers or percentages of Comprehensive or Targeted Support Schools than Primary Partner Districts.
Differentiated and contextualized improvement resources will be made available for Opportunity and Innovation districts to augment existing improvement efforts in alignment and concert with local context and need.
Many Opportunity and Innovation Districts are presently engaged with Federal or State leveraged programs and resources including, but not limited to, the following examples:
- Resources including grants to improve Basic Programs Title I-A, English Learners Title III, and 21st Century Grants
- Coaching and fiscal resources through the English Learner Strategic Plan
- Coaching and implementation supports through the State Personnel Development Grant
- Coaching and fiscal resources designed to promote regular student attendance
- Supports under the African American and Black Student Success Plan
In addition, ODE is currently working with local Education Service Districts to provide further assistance for Opportunity and Innovation Districts to engage in a facilitated continuous improvement process including the use of an evidence-based needs assessment and improved planning process.
Opportunity and Innovation Partners will receive fiscal resources and technical assistance from ODE staff.