This page contains the most recent information available on how the 2019 Novel Coronavirus is affecting Child Nutrition Programs in Oregon.
Oregon Forest Fire Resources
"Our hearts go out to all those affected by the wildfires. The Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs is here to support our Sponsors. Please reach out to your assigned Child Nutrition Specialist if you are in need of assistance." - Dustin Melton, Director of Child Nutrition Programs.
The State of Oregon issued a Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) News Release on July 16, 2021. Highlights include:
- Oregon DHS will begin issuing P-EBT benefits on Thursday, July 22, 2021.
- P-EBT cards will be mailed to families from a return address in South Dakota.
- Eligible families who have not received their initial P-EBT by August 15, please contact email@example.com..or.us or by calling 503-945-6481
- Visit the P-EBT web page: pebt.oregon.gov for more information.
This 15-minute video gives a nostalgic overview of the federally funded child nutrition programs from the days before World War II through 2006. The video features photographs and images from resources in the National Food Service Management Institute's (NFSMI) Child Nutrition Archive collections and USDA resources.
Find the latest news and archives related to the Child Nutrition Programs.
- Child Care Centers
- Afterschool At-Risk Meals & Snacks Program
- Adult Day Care Centers
- Homeless Emergency Shelters
- Family Day Care Homes
- Farm to School
- School Gardens
For additional information or questions, contact the Oregon Department of Education Child Nutrition Programs at 503-947-5894.