The Road to a Smokefree Oregon is a timeline showing major milestones in both Oregon and the nation that have occurred in the last fifty years related to tobacco prevention. The timeline is available as a PowerPointthat breaks the timeline up into smaller chunks, and as one documentthat shows the timeline as a whole.
The resources in this section are designed to support TPEP strategic communications planning and campaign activities for the Smokefree Oregon 2018 Prevention Campaign. If you have any questions about these tools or strategic communications for tobacco prevention, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Strategic Communications Plan Guidance and Template
• Smokefree Oregon 2018 Prevention Campaign Overview
• Smokefree Oregon 2018 Prevention Campaign Technical Assistance Toolkit
• Sample Tobacco Retail Licensure PowerPoint Presentation
• Smokefree Oregon 2018 Prevention Campaign Webinar Recording
• CDC Best Practices User Guide for Health Communications in Tobacco Prevention and Control
Also consider using the first edition of the Tobacco Industry Denormalization (TID) Cookbook for earned media and grass roots ideas. Each idea comes with an introduction of what the idea will be useful for, a list of suggested ingredients and then directions for how to carry it out. Several of the ideas have “add-on ingredient” sections that offer templates for news releases you can cater to your own needs or talking points you can sprinkle with your own community’s data. The more you can infuse these activities with your own local stories and data, the more compelling and interesting you will make it for your local decision makers, your community and the news media.