Since 2020 Oregon has received $1.62 billion in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds to support the needs of all students, with a focus on historically excluded communities disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The state has allocated 90 percent of its allotment directly to school districts and ESDs to address their community’s unique needs. The remaining 10 percent has been used to fund 12 state-wide
equity-driven initiativesdesigned to:
Address unfinished learning through asset-based acceleration strategies,
Prioritize health, safety, wellness, and connections for all communities,
Increase access to culturally responsive mental and social/emotional wellbeing supports, and
Strengthen high-quality, culturally sustaining and revitalizing instruction, leadership, and pathways to graduation and post-secondary transitions.
For more information on Oregon’s ESSER allotment or spending, please visit ODE’s
Federal COVID-19 Stimulus Resources page or contact the ESSER Team, ODE.ESSER@ode.oregon.gov.
The ESSER Expenditure Transparency Dashboard has been designed to facilitate public access to information about local ESSER spending. This dashboard shows detailed data for district and ESD reimbursement requests that ODE has processed for each of the three rounds of ESSER funding.
ESSER funding is disbursed to districts and ESDs after they have already incurred expenses and submitted them for review and reimbursement.
As a result, this dashboard only reflects requests that have been processed by ODE. This dashboard will be updated on a [TIMING] basis as additional district reimbursement requests for ESSER funds are processed.
Navigating the Dashboard
The ESSER Expenditure Transparency Dashboard is designed to provide members of the community with easy access to details about how the state and local districts have spent their ESSER funding. Detailed local information can be accessed by following a few simple steps:
- Scroll down to “ESSER Funding Summary.”
- Select “Explore ESSER (I, II, III) Claims” under either ESSER I, ESSER II or ESSER III.
- Use the Filter by District dropdown to select a specific district name for a spending summary.
- Select the ESD/district name on the left and click on the “ESSER (I, II, III) Detail” button on the lower right, beneath the summary graph. This will open a detailed table of all district expenditures that have been processed by ODE under this ESSER fund.
- Click “Back to ESSER (I, II, III) Summary” to return to the district overview; Click “ESSER (I, II, III) Summary →” to jump to the spending summary for the next ESSER fund.
- Under the ESSER III summary only, note there is an
additional layer of categorization. To access, doubleclick on the district name to drill into more specific expenditures.