Oregon Farm to School (non-competitive) Grant for Reimbursement of Oregon Grown or Processed Food - the "PROCUREMENT GRANT"
Reporting for the Last Grant Cycle
Grant reporting was due September 29, 2019!
Procurement Grant Final Report Link This report is the Final report for the last cycle.
Welcome to the nearly FOUR HUNDRED sponsors for this cycle's grant!
Here is the
timeline for the Procurement Grant. Subject to change - updated 10/1/19.
Here are the items you'll need to be successful in participating in the procurement grant:
Introductory email sent on 10/1/2019
- Agreements: The process for the signing the agreements has changed. Sponsors will now electronically sign their agreement when they go into EGMS to submit their first claim from now on.
- Procurement Grant
Baseline Report (for new sponsors only)
Electronic Grant Management System (EGMS) page - for new sponsors download the EGMS packet here. Note: the two things you need are the request form and user packet.
- Recording of NSLP webinar: We are unable to provide recordings of webinars on this website. In the meantime, you can view the
NSLP slides from the webinar's power point presentation.
- Allowable & unallowable items for the procurement grant: please refer to the NSLP slides in the bulleted item above, pages 30-34.
- Recording of CACFP/SFSP webinar: We are unable to provide recordings of webinars on this website. In the meantime, you can view the
CACFP slides from the webinar's power point presentation.
Attestation form that you watched the mandatory training webinar. Note: you only have to watch one of the videos if you participate in multiple CNP programs. You can view the slides in lieu of watching a video and it will count.
"Procurement Grant" Resources
"Competitive Procurement Grant" Resources
What is the Competitive Procurement Grant?
The Competitive Procurement Grant is part of the Farm to School Program and is intended to provide eligible Farm to School grantees with additional funding above their original Farm to School award amount. These funds are derived from a reallocation process in which the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) redistributes unspent Farm to School award dollars from grantees that have determined they are unable to exhaust their original awards.
To be eligible for these funds, applicants must be either a School District, a provider of center-based programs for children in the Child and Adult Care Food Program, or be an entity that provides meals through the Summer Food Service Program. In addition, applicants must have been awarded a Farm to School Noncompetitive Procurement Grant and
1) have spent all of the Noncompetitive funds, or
2) have a zero balance (due to the legislative reduction process)
The intent of the Farm to School Noncompetitive Procurement Grant has always been to support grantee purchasing of Oregon grown and processed food that might otherwise be cost prohibitive. To ensure grant funds are spent within the intent of the grant, the Farm to School team has designed the grant application process as follows:
- Complete and submit the Competitive Procurement Grant RFA. Every applicant is guaranteed a base award amount (depending on availability of funds), that can be spent on any allowable Oregon grown or processed foods, as with the Noncompetitive Procurement grant.
- Applicants can be awarded MORE funding by filling out the RFA and achieving preference points. Preference point are given for purchasing plans that include categories such as: purchasing from minority or women-owned companies, serving culturally relevant foods, purchasing a variety of Oregon products or purchasing new Oregon products and developing new commercial relationships. The higher the applicant's preference point score, the higher the additional funding (see RFA for preference point matrix).
Questions/Requests for Clarification Due - February 26, 2021, 10:00am
Applications Due - March 19, 2021, 2:00PM
Questions/Requests for Clarification Due - March 18, 2021, 10:00am
Applications Due - March 31, 2021, 2:00PM
Questions/Requests for Clarification Due - April 23, 2021, 10:00am
Applications Due - April 30, 2021, 2:00PM
Questions/Requests for Clarification Due - May 24, 2021, 10:00am
Applications Due - May 31, 2021, 2:00PM
Notice of Intent to Award - Ongoing
Please send any questions about the RFA to Noemi Rios, Procurement and Contract Specialist, at Noemi.Rios@ode.state.or.us.
NOTE: Please read this Competitive Procurement Grant overview document before reading the RFA.
Grant Submission: An electronic version of the complete Application must be submitted to Noemi Rios, Procurement and Contract Specialist, at Noemi.Rios@ode.state.or.us. The email subject line must contain RFA 0001-ODE-20 and the Applicant's full business name.
The training took place on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 10:00am
. You can review the training slides here. You can listen to the recorded narration of the slides by going to the slideshow tab in powerpoint and pressing the "From Beginning" button.
You can sign up for our listserv here
to stay up to date on our latest communications.