Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon.gov Homepage

OER Grant & Professional Learning Opportunities

Professional Learning Opportunities

The Oregon Open Learning team invites you to attend its OER Office Hours on the afternoon of Friday, February 10th. These gatherings are designed to facilitate connections and conversation both with the team and between Oregon educators who are exploring the possibilities that Open Educational Resources (OER) and the Oregon Open Learning Hub present. Whether you are new to the OER space or a seasoned advocate, your perspective is welcome and valued. Each session, facilitated by members of the Oregon Open Learning core team, will include space for questions, individualized support, and open discussion about OER and the Hub. Register in advance and then drop in anytime between 1:00 and 2:00 pm PT. 

Grant Opportunity

The Oregon Department of Education is recruiting teams to develop high-quality instructional resources for grades K-5 that integrate Oregon’s sexuality education and ethnic studies standards. The Request for Application (RFA) for the Community Building Open Educational Resources (OER) for Elementary Grant is now open and closes January 9, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. (PST).


High-quality instructional materials effectively and efficiently yield improvements in student learning outcomes.12 The K-5 content area standards for sexuality education and ethnic studies are not yet addressed comprehensively in commercially available materials. This project will create a collection of standards-aligned K-5 lessons to specifically address state-adopted standards related to oppression, anti-racism, and violence prevention. Each grantee team will produce a set of lessons to contribute to the collection. At the end of the project, these lessons will be available for educators, free of charge and openly licensed, on the Oregon Open Learning Hub.

 

A pre-application webinar for this RFA is scheduled for December 7, 2022 at 4:00PM PST. Potential applicants are encouraged (but not required) to attend this webinar, which will provide a description of the project, explain the RFA application process, and allow questions from the audience. Register for the pre-application webinar to receive the Zoom link and learn more about this opportunity. The webinar will be recorded and shared for later viewing approximately one week after the meeting. 


Access the full RFA, along with instructions on how to apply through the Oregon Buys eProcurement System.


ESSER Key Investment #6: This opportunity is funded through the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund. Since 2020 Oregon has received $1.62 billion in ESSER Funds to support the needs of all students, with a focus on historically excluded communities disproportionately impacted by the pandemic. The state has allocated 90 percent of its allotment to school districts to spend based on their community’s unique needs. ODE has distributed the other 10 percent to support 12 equity-driven initiatives designed to address unfinished learning, support the health, safety, and mental wellness of our students and staff, and strengthen high-quality, culturally-sustaining instruction and leadership. These initiatives are designed for all students and are specifically centered on equitably serving Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, and Tribal students, students with disabilities, students who identify as LGBTQ2SIA+; emerging bilingual; and those navigating foster care, houselessness, and poverty, and those with limited access to resources due to rural location.

Past Grants

2021-22 OER Development Grant: Supporting Students who are Emergent Bilingual

This grant project concluded in June 2022. Visit the Multilingual/English Learner Resource Bank and 2021-22 OER Development Grant: Supporting Students who are Emergent Bilingual group to review resources created as a part of the grant project.

Grant participants:

  • Deepened their expertise in language development strategies through engagement with high-quality professional learning
  • Embedded strategies in open educational resource (OER) lesson plans
  • Iterated resources through a cycle of piloting, reflecting, and revising
  • Evaluated resources for quality