Correction and amendment request fees
Correction/Amendment Fee: $35
This fee does not include a copy of the certificate after the record is corrected or amended. Certificate fees are listed below.
Exceptions to requirement for $35 amendment fee:
- Amendment fee is waived for birth amendments submitted by hospitals in the first year from date of birth.
- Amendment fee is waived for amendments to death records submitted within one year from date of death.
- Amendment fee is waived for amendments to death records made by medical certifier to the cause of death section of the record submitted at any time after the record is registered.
- Amendment fee is waived for birth record corrections to date of birth, time of birth, and sex for any age of child or registrant if correction affidavit is submitted by hospital.
- Amendment fee is waived for corrections to marriage and divorce certificates submitted by county clerks or county courts.
- Amendment fee is waived when father’s name is added to birth records within 14 days from date of birth with a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity.
- $25 for one certificate
- $25 for every additional copy of the certificate ordered at the same time
- $30 for a full image (photocopy) of long form birth record – available only for 1903-2007 birth records
Order forms are available for download here. Include the order form and a photocopy of your ID with your correction/amendment request.
Amendment Expedite Fee
An additional $30 to expedite the amendment of one certificate within three work days by special request once all amendment documents are received, are matched to a record, and are approved.
Replacement policy for certificates issued within the last year after amendment
Free replacement certificates:
No charge for one replacement birth certificate if the original certificate is returned within one year from date of issue.
No charge for replacement death certificates if a medical certifier corrects the cause of death section of the death record and certificates are returned within one year from date of issue.
Fee for replacement certificates:
$5 each for all other certificates returned within one year from date of issue for replacement.
Certificates issued more than one year ago cannot be replaced. New certificates must be ordered.