Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Sharing Concerns or Complaints

We Want to Know about Your Concerns and What You Need.

If you have any questions, issues or concerns with the services you get from your providers or health plans, please share them. This page lists the places you can contact for help.

About Oregon Health Plan Services

​Contact your CCO for help with your complaint, issue or concern. Your CCO can also help you file a complaint.

  • Your CCO member handbook​ lists the ways you can file a complaint.
  • The CCO will call or write back in five days to let you know that staff are working on it. If the CCO needs more time, the letter will say so. The CCO must address your complaint within 30 days

Find your CCO's contact information on your CCO Member ID card or the CCO Plans page. ​

Use our secure online form​ or send a secure email t​o​.​ In your secure email, include at least four pieces of the following information:

  • Name 
  • Date of birth 
  • OHP ID number ("prime")
  • OHP case number 
  • Last 4 of your Social Security number 
  • Phone number  
  • Home address 
  • If you are an authorized representative and are reaching out to us on behalf of an OHP member, please provide your full name too (the name provided on the authorized representative form).

We will respond to you within three business days. 

If you don't agree with a health care decision made by your CCO, you can ask for an appeal. If OHA made the decision, you can ask OHA for a hearing.​

Learn more on the Appeals and Hearings page​.​

About Medicare Services

The Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman:

  • Helps you with Medicare-related complaints, grievances, and information requests.
  • Makes sure you have information about your Medicare rights and protections and how you can get your concerns resolved.

About Your Providers

Learn how to report complain​​ts, abuse or neglect related to adults in the care of:

  • Adult Day Care
  • Adult Foster Homes
  • Assisted Living Facilities
  • Caregivers
  • Long-Term Care Facilities
  • Nursing Homes
  • Rehabilitation Facilities
  • Residential Care Facilities​

​You can file a complaint with the Behavioral Health Licensing and Certification unit for the following facilities and programs:

  • Adult Foster Homes
  • Child and Adolescent Programs
  • Civil Commitment, including Training and Certifying Examiners and Investigators
  • Community-Based Structured Housing
  • Outpatient Programs for Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders and Problem Gambling Treatment
  • Residential Programs for Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder, Withdrawal Management and Problem Gambling programs
  • Sobering Facilities

Visit the Board of Chiropractic Examiners website to learn how to file a complaint for:

  • Doctors of Chiropractic (Chiropractors)
  • Chiropractic Assistants

​Visit the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists website to learn how to file a complaint online for:

  • Family Therapists
  • Marriage Therapists
  • Mental Health Counselors

​Visit the Oregon Board of Dentistry website to learn how to file a complaint online for:

  • Dentists
  • Dental Hygienists
  • Dental Assistants

Visit the Public Health website to learn how to file a complaint online for:

Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Systems Providers:

  • Ambulance
  • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
  • Emergency Systems
  • Emergency Transport Vehicles
  • Mobile Training Unit
  • Paramedic
  • Prehospital Database
  • Trauma

Health care facilities:

  • Ambulatory Surgery Centers
  • Birthing Centers
  • Caregiver Registries
  • Community Mental Health Centers (
  • Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
  • End-Stage Renal Disease Treatment Facilities
  • Outpatient Renal Dialysis Facilities
  • Extended Stay Centers
  • Federally Qualified Health Centers
  • Hemodialysis Technicians
  • Home Health Agencies
  • Hospice Agencies
  • Hospitals (including Acute Care, Critical Access and Psychiatric Hospitals)
  • In-Home Care Agencies
  • Hospital Outpatient Physical Therapy or Speech Pathology Services
  • Portable X-Ray Suppliers
  • Rural Health Clinics
  • Special Inpatient Care Facilities 

Contact Oregon Radiation Protection Services with concerns about:

  • Dental Imaging Machines
  • Hospital Imaging Machines
  • Mammography Imaging Machines
  • Non Free Standing X-Ray Machines

Visit the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging website to submit a complaint online for:

  • MRI Technologists
  • Radiographers
  • Radiation Technologists
  • Radiation Therapists
  • Sonographers
  • X-Ray Machine Operators
  • X-Ray Technicians

Visit the Oregon State Public Health Laboratory website to learn how to file a complaint about:

  • Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)-certified labs
  • Free Standing Labs
  • Lab Equipment
  • Lab Testing
  • Newborn Screening

Visit the Oregon State Board of Massage Therapists website to learn how to file a complaint for:

  • Massage Therapists
  • Massage Therapy Facilities​

Visit the Oregon Medical Board website to learn about filing complaints online for:

  • Medical Doctors (MD)
  • Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
  • Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
  • Physician Assistants (PA)
  • Acupuncturists (LAc)

Visit the Oregon Board of Pharmacy website to learn how to file a complaint for:

  • Pharmacists
  • Pharmacy Technicians​

Visit the Oregon Board of Physical Therapy website to learn how to file a complaint for:

  • Physical Therapists
  • Physical Therapist Assistants

Visit the Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology to learn how to file a complaint for:

  • Audiologists
  • Speech Pathologists

Visit the Traditional Health Worker website to learn how to file complaints for:

  • Community Health Workers
  • Family Support Specialists
  • Peer Support Specialists
  • Peer Wellness Specialists
  • Personal Health Navigators
  • Youth Support Specialists
  • Birth Doulas

​Visit the Health Licensing Office website to learn how to file a complaint online for these provider types:

  • Hearing aid providers
  • Art therapists
  • Applied behavior analysis providers
  • Denturists
  • Direct entry midwives
  • Electrologists
  • Licensed dieticians
  • Genetic counselors
  • Lactation consultants
  • Long-term care facility administrators
  • Music therapists
  • Respiratory therapists
  • Polysomnographic technologists


Member Resources

OHP contacts

OHP handbooks

Words to know


We want to make sure you have the information you need. 

Talk to your CCO

 Call 1-800-273-0557

  Email us 

Still Need Help?

If you have asked your CCO or OHP Client Services for help but still cannot get the care you need, ask the Ombuds Program.