Open until August 15, 2023. Claims can be made for eligible expenditures made between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023.
Oregon’s Focus for the EIIS Investment:
The EIIS grant provides financial support and technical assistance to Oregon school districts and charter schools to develop and implement data analysis systems to identify, support, and monitor students who may be at risk of leaving school or not graduating on time. An EIIS uses predictive data review to identify students early in their school careers and coordinate systems of care to steward the student towards successful, on-time graduation and transition into post-high school education and careers.
The EIIS Investment will support implementation of cohesive systems that include these elements.
- Active staff teams at school and district level.
- Robust framework of supports and interventions.
- Program innovation and improvement
- Student, family and community engagement.
- System for indicator data collection and analysis, use of predictive analytics to identify support for students and areas for improvement.
- Integrated elements, connections across grade levels and schools, and alignment with other ODE initiatives, including the Student Investment Account, Continuous Improvement Plan, High School Success, or Every Day Matters.
Accessing Grant Funding:
All School Districts and Charter Schools should complete this Intent to Utilize
form to signal they wish to receive this investment in order to enhance EIIS, whether accessing directly or in coordination through an ESD or a Lead District that will act as a fiscal agent for a consortia of districts, as allowed by rule.
Consortia leaders should complete this Intent to Utilize form to identify the districts in the consortium.
This investment does not require an application or plan approval from ODE. Instead, ODE will use the Intent to Utilize information to execute a grant agreement that outlines eligible uses. As part of the agreement, districts will be required to provide a report that identifies how the resources were specifically used in accordance to the eligible uses. This will be completed upon making the final claim of grant funds. Districts will be able to claim eligible expenditures from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- April 30, 2022: Intent to Utilize form submission deadline.
- In May, ODE will start contacting districts to begin the grant agreement and allocation process.
- July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023: Grant performance period.
- By August 15, 2023: Claims in EGMS and Reporting Form. Upon final claim of grant funds, school districts and charter schools will provide a report that identifies how the resources were used in accordance to the eligible uses.
As set out in OAR 581-017-0663, an Early Indicator and Intervention System may include:
- Staffing to maintain the system and facilitate corrective action;
- Training for staff to maintain and use the system with fidelity;
- System software purchases and subscriptions;
- Data analysis and research;
- Tribal government consultation; and
- Student, family, staff, and community engagement
School districts receive funding that represents the entire ADM for the district, including ADM for charter schools they sponsor or State Board-sponsored charter schools located in their district. The amount of each grant award must equal the school distri's ADM x $3.00. Districts should coordinate with their district-sponsored or the State Board-sponsored charter schools located in their district to support access to these funds or the early indicator and intervention systems established by the district with these funds.