ODE provides links to other organizations through this website. These links are provided for additional information as a service to our customers. In providing these links, ODE does not endorse the content, products, services or viewpoints expressed by these external sites. Once you leave ODE's website and link to an external site, the ODE Internet policies no longer apply and you will be subject to the new site's policies.
ODE will link to sites only if they are determined to be aligned with the agency's own goals and positions. If you discover an error on one of ODE sites, please email the area's contact person.
Linking to the ODE Web Site
The ODE Web site does not enter into reciprocal link agreements. We provide links to sites that are appropriate to our mission. Our creation of a link to your site does not obligate you to provide a link back to us, but you are, of course, welcome to do so.
What you can do:
- You do not need to get advance permission to link to the ODE web site if you are making a simple link to the ODE homepage. Linking to an ODE site or page is permitted under limited conditions. If you link to our site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light.
- We reserve the right to change page names/addresses (like http://www.oregon.gov/ODE) at any time without notice, so it is up to you to continuously verify your links to our pages.
What you should not do:
- Please do not capture our pages within your frames, or use other visual altering tools, or otherwise present our content as your own. Any link to our site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to our site unencumbered.
- The BACK button should return the visitor to your site if the visitor wishes to back out.
- You should not link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers. Such an action may be considered a misuse of state resources.
- You may not imply that the state of Oregon or ODE is endorsing your product or services.
- If you link to this site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light.
ODE Links to Other Sites
ODE provides links to the following types of organizations:
- Links to Other Governmental Units & Educational Institutions - ODE provides links to other federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information that users of ODE's site may find of interest. Links are also provided to educational institutions including K-12 school districts, community colleges, and universities.
- Links to Private Organizations - ODE provides links to private organizations if these organizations offer services that complement the information or services offered by ODE. The determination of whether to establish links to a private organization's website is made on a case-by-case basis by the ODE Director of Communications.
- Links to Non-Profit Organizations - ODE provides links to non-profit organizations that users of ODE's site may find of interest. The determination of whether to establish links to non-profit organizations is made on a case-by-case basis by the ODE Director of Communications.