Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Public Records Requests

Making a Request

Requests for public records in the custody of the Department of Education must be submitted in writing. The Oregon Department of Education may charge a fee reasonably calculated to reimburse the agency for actual costs of providing public records in accordance with the statewide policy on Public Records Requests Fees and Charges. The costs associated may include locating, photocopying, reviewing, redacting and mailing the documents.

  • Online

    Records Request Form

  • By Regular Mail

    Complete this form and deliver to:

    Oregon Department of Education
    Attn: Director's Office, Public Records Request 
    255 Capitol St NE
    Salem, OR 97310

    Contact the Oregon Department of Education at 503-947-5600 with any questions.

High School Transcripts and GEDs

The Oregon Department of Education does not house student transcripts or records so you’ll want to directly contact the school district where you attended school for this information.

You can request a copy of your GED transcript online. If you have further questions, feel free to contact State GED Coordinator Adrienne Ochs.