The Accountability Reporting Advisory Committee (ARAC) is created by OAR 581-002-0090 and has the following responsibilities:
- Recommend to the Oregon Department of Education policies, procedures and methodologies regarding:
- School and district report cards;
- Cohort graduation rate;
- Annual Measurable Objectives;
- Business rules for accountability reporting;
- Measurement of student growth; and
- Other measures for holding schools and districts accountable for student success.
- Make recommendations to the Oregon Department of Education on appeals from districts regarding accountability data where the data have not been publicly released in final form and:
- The school or district submitted incorrect data or failed to submit data due to unique events that could not be predicted and/or controlled by the school or district; or
- The data issue could not otherwise be remedied by correcting data used in a school or district rating during the validation window available for each data collection.
Membership for the Current School Year
Bill Stewart, Special Projects - Gladstone SD
Bret Uptmor, Superintendent - John Day SD
Christine Blouke, IT Director - Parkrose SD
Dave VanLoo, Director of School Improvement - Bend SD
David Marshall, Assistant Superintendent - Hermiston SD
Jon Bridges, Administrator for Accountability - Beaverton SD
Kate Pattison, Charter School Specialist - Oregon Department of Education
Leigh Anne Scherer , Assessment & Accountability Coordinator - North Clackamas SD
Oscar Loureiro, Director of Research & Planning - Eugene SD
Rebecca Eastland, Program Associate & DTC; Data , Research & Assessment - Salem-Keizer SD
The ARAC meets quarterly, typically in February, May, August, and November. At the August meeting, they consider and make recommendations regarding school accountability appeals.